Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Final projects for geometry class!

We were required to design plan and model for either a living room or a bedroom for the geometry class I . I decided to design a living room. Developing the plan was not a big problem; most of my time was spent on building model. It took me around 3 weeks to complete it; I worked a bit everyday. And I was glad my hard work paid off; I got an A for it :)

Here are some pictures of the model:



I personally did not intend for the design to look like a heart. I was required to keep the areas of the rooms within a certain range so I found it easier to make the design symmetric. The scale of the model is 1:20. The back walls are supposed to be connected to the rest of the house.



The seating area: I chose to give the living room a modern style. The curved furniture gave me a hard time when I made them. And off course entertainment in the living room is not complete without a gaming council. I know it looks a bit like a PS3 but it is supposed to be an Xbox 360 Elite!



I was important to me to allow all users of the kitchen to have a good view over the seating area, and thus the TV. Notice the water tap :P



The third room connected to the living room is the dining area. I chose to use large glass windows in its curved wall to give the dinner a good view of the garden outside. Off course this design is also possible for apartments.

No comments:

Post a Comment